Reports from the Trail
(Reports prior to the trail's name change in May 2018 refer to the trail as the John Wayne Pioneer Trail, or JWPT.
Trail conditions may have changed since earlier reports. Please note current detours in our MAPS section.)
The following is a collection of reports by trail users who have walked or ridden all or most of the Palouse to Cascades Trail, presented as a resource for other trail users.
- Palouse to Cascades Trail - Cedar Falls to the Columbia River - WashingtonGravelRiding - August 2020Photo by Joe Korbuszewski
- Palouse to Cascades Trail - Cedar Falls to the Columbia River, June 2019. by Tandem Trekkers
- A Trio and a Trail. Riding the JWPT Twice. 2016 and 2017 by Rachel Tomczek
- Tiva to Tekoa: A Rescued Dog Travels a Rescued Trail. May 2016. by Willie Weir
May-June, 2016. Annual "Ride Across WA" with John Wayne Pioneer Wagons and Riders.
- Western Portion of the John Wayne Trail - May 13, 2016 and
- Eastern Portion of John Wayne Trail - April 8-10, 2016 by Chip Andrus
- A Fat-Bike Desert Odyssey: From Seattle to Spokane on the John Wayne and Columbia Plateau Trails by Nick Thomas
- MTB ride from Rattlesnake Lake to Tekoa on the John Wayne Pioneer Trail, September 19-23, 2013.
- Crossing Washington State On The John Wayne Pioneer Trail, June 2012 - 26InchSlicks/Pat Sprute